Nearing the completion of my first draft!!!
According to my Google Drive, Kuro just hit 98.5K words today. I feel like it’s some sort of accomplishment (Yay, me). I know word count doesn’t equate to anything in the real world, but I feel like I did something cool nonetheless. I just hope that someday, the story I have written will actually be read.
A few interesting things I’ve noted:
- Current chapter count: 28 (It’s scary to think that I’m not even done posting the first two chapters of it on here!).
- Number of characters: Too many to count, but the best characters haven’t even made their blovel debut yet!
- Best plot twist: somewhere around the 65K word count. My characters made me weep. Ah, if only other people felt the same way I do about my characters, my life would be perfect and I would have achieved my goal as a writer!
- I like how this first book is turning out. I know I have enough material for at least one more book.
- The ending is not a cliffhanger, but the book is definitely far from completed, story-wise. There are lots of unanswered questions (that’s where book two comes in!)
- If no one ever reads this, I am still happy I went through the exercise. I guess that really means I love writing.
- Average chapter length: about 4k words.
- I am far too verbose. This will be hell to edit.
- My characters, like myself in real life, think FAR TOO MUCH and over-analyze EVERYTHING. I’m not sure if this is what they call VOICE, but it certainly seems like my trademark 🙂
Like this post! NOW. That’s an order. 🙂